2016-2017 Workshop Rates
|Type||Early Bird||After Deadline|
Seniors (16 +)
Directors and Teachers
Additional Mini Observer
One Teacher Free
Two Teachers Free
Three Teachers Free
Four Teachers Free + One Night Host Hotel Free
Four Teachers Free + Two Night Host Hotel Free
• Velocity will credit appropriate room night / tax charges to your hotel master bill. Hotel reservations should be made through the host hotel under the studio director’s name for discount to apply.
• In order to receive discounts, all students accounted for must be paying full price and be registered before the deadline of the city in which you are attending. This excludes Scholarship Recipients and Observers.
College Students Discounts
10% Off Workshop Fees
20% Off Workshop Fees
25% Off Workshop Fees
• Photocopies of valid College IDs must be attached to the registration form in order to obtain the above discount.
• Mini Ballroom consists of half- day classes on both Saturday and Sunday of the Convention.
• For each Mini Dancer registered for the Convention, one free Mini Observer Band will be given to the studio for the appropriate parent/guardian of the Mini Dancer. This band will only allow entrance to the Mini Ballroom, no exceptions.
• If additional Mini Observer Bands are requested, there is a $15.00 fee.
Directors and Teachers
• Registered Teachers may attend, take notes, or dance in any ballroom Friday-Sunday of the convention and may attend the teacher’s luncheon and seminars.
• Teachers can use their discretion to place students in appropriate ballroom levels. However, scholarships will be auditioned by the students age as of January 1st.
NEW | Independent Dancers
• Only studio owners and directors can register students for an event. If you are coming as an independent, the studio owner or director must register you into our online registration system. We welcome independent dancers for workshops.
• Observers must be attending with a registered dancer. This excludes directors, teachers, and dancers.
• Observers fee is $30.00. This band will only allow entrance into the Junior, Teen, and Senior Ballrooms.
• The number of observers is limited in each ballroom. If the maximum capacity is reached prior to the convention date, observer bands will not be sold at the event.
• Additional Mini Ballroom Observer Band fees are $15.00.
• All ages, Convention & Competition, are determined as of January 1st, 2017. (For example: Ages for October 2016 events will be as of January 1st 2017, and ages for March 2017 events will be as of January 1st 2017.)
• All registration and entry fees are non-refundable, no exceptions.
• All registration must be completed four weeks before the convention to receive the discounted rate. Please refer to the deadline dates posted next to the city in which you are attending.
• Studio Registration Packets must be picked up by a Studio’s Director or Teacher. No Parent or Dancer will be allowed to do so, unless Velocity is informed prior to the date of the event by the Studio Director.
• Velocity Dance Convention will have a registration booth available on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings to pick up studio registration packets. All registered studios will receive a confirmation letter one week prior to the event to inform Studio Director’s of the weekend schedule.
• All registration must be completed on our online registration.
• Velocity Dance Convention cannot guarantee registration on the morning of the event, due to sell out. Please contact Velocity Dance Convention’s office prior to the convention to confirm availability.
• No personal checks or Canadian checks are accepted.
• Please send one studio check for all Workshop fees, and a separate studio check for Competition fees.
• There will be a $35.00 fee for all returned checks.
• All major credit cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
•If a dancer has moved dance studios, they must get written permission from their former studio in order for any scholarships to be used through their new studio.
•Once you have added a dancer to your registration roster, you will see a “scholarship” box next to their name. If a dancer has a valid scholarship, please check this box. Once you check this box, a drop-down menu will appear with all of the scholarship options. Please select the scholarship that your dancer received. Once this scholarship has been selected, this dancer’s registration fees will be waived.
Workshop and Competition Schedule
Velocity Dance Convention will email a convention & competition schedule to the studio owner or director, one week prior to the event date. This applies to studios registered before the deadline.
• Velocity Dance Convention wristbands must be worn by all teachers, students and observers at all times.
• Anyone without a wristband will be denied entry into all ballrooms.
• A fee of $30.00 will be charged for all lost wristbands.
• Photography and Video recording from any media devices (i.e. digital cameras, cell phones, SLR’s, Flip, etc.) is strictly prohibited during classes and competition. This is to enforce the children’s safety and privacy, as well as protecting the work of choreographers and faculty. We offer professional photo and video services at each of our events. Please visit our media booth, CEVENTPICS, onsite.
Security and Safety
• The host hotel, facilities and Velocity Dance Convention are not responsible for any lost personal items or injuries.
• If a participant of Velocity Dance Convention is in need of first aid, please see a Velocity Staff member at the registration/merchandise booth.
• Please make sure all personal items are against the perimeter of the ballroom at all times to avoid injury.
• All dancers under the age of 16 who are registered with Velocity Dance Convention must be accompanied by an adult of a legal age.